Kansas city missouri police records 1926

The Lee's Summit Police Department is fortunate to have a secretary in our Investigations Division that has worked in cooperation with the Lee's Summit Historical Society to prepare a history of the Lee's Summit Police Department since our humble beginnings.

  1. We Will Not Be Forced Back into the Closet: A Statement from the KC Trans Community?
  2. We Will Not Be Shoved Back into the Closet.
  3. personalsyahoocom us preview preview search 1.
  4. sex offender laws in new york state?
  5. william lee tolbert sexual offender registry.
  6. free personals finder online dating service central?
  7. Case Information and Records Requests | dibigankadis.ml - City of Kansas City, MO;

Below is a list of the previous marshals and chiefs that have served the citizens of Lee's Summit along with some pictures from the past as prepared by Nancy Caudle. Marshal J. His service started December 11, In April of , he was then elected to the office and served through The population at the time was approximately people. The town was named Strother pronounced straw—ther when William B. Howard donated the land. He was a house carpenter in the census. Marshal Edd H. He was a teamster in the census. Marshal James A. He also served as a constable and Justice of the Peace.

He was a hardware merchant in the census. He was then re-elected in April of and then again in April The population had grown to around people. James Near was a house carpenter in the census. Deputy Marshal Freeman was also there to assist. Inskeep was a butcher in the census. The population had grown to He was also the constable in Justices of the peace were John Boggs and Peter Mason. Sam G. Miller was the constable. He fought in the Union army during the Civil War.

During this time period fire consumed most of the downtown business district. The marshal dealt with domestic violence issues. The building served several purposes. The north half was the jail and the south half was city hall. In the front was a cistern into which rain water from adjoining buildings emptied, providing a supply of water for firefighting.

John Boggs was Justice of the Peace. He was also sexton of the cemetery. He addressed issues of domestic violence, running a gambling house without a license, kleptomania, swindlers, robbery and sneak thieves. There was also a matter of stealing hogs from the elevator pens. A dog poisoner was killing canines. Marshal William B. Marshal Cooper was the Street Commissioner in The population of the city had grown to 1,, doubling from citizens in Marshal T.

Kansas City, Missouri Police Officers Memorial

Marshal R. He stayed in office until April 7, The population was approximately 2, The Night Watchman was Mr. The new city marshal and night watchman got new blue uniforms, with a blue helmet. Marshal W. He was also elected April 7, , and then again April 4, through The city was growing in leaps and bounds and there was a need for a system of water works for fire protection.


A new city hall and calaboose were also needed. The citizens were lobbying for these improvements. Marshal Jas. Having outgrown the old city hall that was built in , it was to be torn down, leaving the city without a city hall and a calaboose. The city met in rented rooms and prisoners were taken to Independence.

It was to have a solid glass front with white enamel brick leaded glass above the plate glass. The front was constructed of red pressed brick. Other new laws stated that boys under 18 years of age were not allowed to smoke cigarettes in any public place, and cigar dealers could not sell or give away to minors, cigarettes or papers for making them.

In a new steel cage was installed with barred windows on the west room in the Gattrell building for law breakers until the new city hall and calaboose could be erected. The new cage was of regulation style and size and was used in the new building. The original Gattrell General Store burned in the fire and it can only be assumed they rebuilt.

He also served as marshal in , — , and then again — Todd M. Marshal Brown dealt with peace disturbances and business burglaries. He received complaints of some indecency by swimmers in the Howard Park pond and persons were notified not to swim there during the daylight, under penalty of trespass and violation of city ordinances. It was strictly prohibited by ordinance and Marshal Brown warned that the law would be enforced.

He was then re-elected on April 4, serving two-year terms. Cam Jones was constable and the night watchman was Daniel Waller. The Night Watchman was instructed to ring the curfew bell each evening beginning Monday evening, July 13, and to enforce the ordinance concerning same. Mills was night watchman and Henry Long was police judge.

Parrish served until Night Watchman W. The Marshal was dealing with people shooting target guns, which by city ordinance was forbidden. Marshal Parrish stated that hereafter offenders would be punished. A meeting of citizens held at City Hall on Wednesday, April 4, , discussed ways and means of stopping the bootlegging. In July of , Marshal Parrish was ordered by the mayor and council to kill un-muzzled dogs found in the streets. Since those orders were put into effect, he had killed about twenty dogs.

Stay up to date with the latest on the law!

An Airedale pup was bitten and developed rabies, and another strange dog had run around town biting dogs, so hence the orders. Marshall William Parrish. The Justice of the Peace at this time was T. While in office, Marshal Reed dealt with finding and arresting bootleggers. Carl C. When the people arrived at the hall, they found Klansmen in full regalia forming a double line from the outer door of the auditorium with two robed men on duty on the walk in front of the hall.

He was re-elected on April 3, Marshal Mitchell also served as night watchman from through Marshal Mitchell had 13 children. Arrests were to commence. Gunn was Justice of the Peace. On April 22, , during a meeting of the city council, the police department had a discussion regarding the state of un-cleanliness of the jail. Conveniences such as water, bedding, etc. On June 16, , three new telephones to handle fire and police calls were installed by Southwestern Bell. They were in metal boxes, locked, so that they would be available to city officials only. Three keys were provided to city employees and each telephone was equipped with a loud gong so that it could be heard for a considerable distance.

The town marshal or anyone else authorized would answer the nearest of the three telephones and take the message. He would then summons any additional aid necessary.


Marshal James R. He was re-elected April 3, , April 7, , and then again April 3, He served until In , Buford Bowers was night watchman, who was appointed by the council. June 4, Roy Tucker was night watchman. On April 6, , Roy Pace was appointed police judge. After only a short six month period, Pace resigned on October 5, In , Marshal Brown, together with J.

Myers, the constable of Prairie township seized a gallon still with 40 gallons of whiskey, sixteen pound sacks of sugar and thirty-four gallon barrels of mash. On May 2, , the council instructed Marshal Brown to proceed at once with the arrest of persons driving cars without city licenses. On August 2, , the city marshal and night watchman were given instructions, by the council, to enforce rigidly the ordinance pertaining to the closing hour for beer parlors and the weed ordinance. It was suspended in the center of the intersection. The signal changed every 30 seconds and it was said that twelve cars could cross the intersection in the time between changes.

Marshal Jess N.

Arbinger Case Study: Kansas City PD